Apart from shopping on the e-commerce platform Amazon, Amazon Pay Later can also be used for mobile recharge and utility bills.
Due to lack of money due to Corona, people are not able to do many important things. At the same time, using the Amazon Pay Later feature, you can do your important work first and make repayment later. Actually, the feature of Amazon Pay Later is a ‘Buy Now Pay Later’ ie BNPL (Buy Now Pay Later) facility.
Amazon gives its users a credit limit of up to 60 thousand rupees according to the profile. Users can spend within the credit limit and pay later. Apart from shopping on the e-commerce platform Amazon, the limit found in Amazon Pay Later can also be used for mobile recharge and utility bills. You can pay the repayment next month without any interest or extra charges. Apart from this, the option of EMI will also be available with the customers. However, on taking the option of EMI, customers have to pay interest.
What is Amazon Pay Later?
With Amazon Pay Later you can get instant credit, via a completely digital process, for purchases using EMI on Amazon.in. Complete a one-time setup process, which takes about 2 minutes and does not require you to provide credit card details. You can then use the Amazon Pay Later payment option during checkout on Amazon.in, and pay later next month or over EMIs ranging from 3 to 12 months. To start, go to Amazon Pay Later registration page and follow the on-screen instructions. Learn more or view frequently asked questions about Amazon Pay Later.
To take advantage of this facility, the minimum age should be 23 years.>> Must have Amazon account with verified mobile number.>> Valid PAN (PAN) is mandatory.>> Bank account>> Address proof is also mandatory. In this, you can use driving license, voter ID card, Aadhar card, utility bills (not older than 60 days) or passport.
how to activate amazon pay later
In the Amazon app, you have to go to Amazon Pay. Here you will see the option of Amazon Pay Later.>> By going to this option, you will have to touch on Get Started, after which a registration page will open. After this you tap on Activate in 60 Seconds. This will start the KYC process. >> If you have already completed KYC on Amazon Pay, then you will not need this process. To verify this, you have to provide the last 4 digits of PAN. Credit limit will be given to you on the next screen.>> If KYC is not complete then complete the process through Aadhaar number, PAN number and OTP. After the completion of this process, you will be given a credit limit.
Amazon Pay Later
Table of Contents
- 1. About Amazon Pay Later
- 2. Amazon Pay Later Availability
- 3. Amazon Pay Later Registration
- 4. About Usable Limit
- 5. Purchase Using Amazon Pay Later
- 6. Returns & Cancellations
- 7. Repayments
- 8. Amazon Pay Later Account Details
- 9. Terms and Conditions
- 10. Amazon Pay Later Customer Service
1. About Amazon Pay Later
- What is Amazon Pay Later?Amazon Pay Later is the hassle-free way to get instant credit, via a completely digital process, for purchases using EMI on Amazon.in. You have to complete the one-time setup process, which should not take more than 2 minutes and does not require you to provide credit card details. Once the setup is complete, you can avail Amazon Pay Later payment option during checkout on Amazon.in, and pay later next month or over EMIs ranging from 3 to 12 months. You can easily track your purchases, repayments, and limits history from a simplified dashboard for this payment mode. Amazon Pay Later is offered to you by Amazon Pay (India) Private Limited (“Amazon“)in partnership with one of its third-party lending partners – Capital Float or IDFC FIRST Bank.
- Is Amazon Pay Later same as Amazon Pay EMI?Yes, both are same. Amazon Pay EMI has been re-branded to Amazon Pay Later.
- What are the key benefits of Amazon Pay Later?
- Get instant decision on your credit limit by the lender.
- Credit card details not required.
- No processing or cancellation fee.
- No pre-closure charges.
- Seamless checkout on Amazon.in using Amazon Pay Later payment option.
- Simplified tracking of expenses and repayments on the EMI specific dashboard
- What are the eligibility criteria to avail Amazon Pay Later?You need to have an Amazon.in account with a verified mobile number, a valid permanent account number (PAN) card, bank account with one of the selected banks, and one of the officially valid document as address proof – Driving license, Voter ID card, Aadhaar, Utility Bills (not older than 60 days), Passport. You must be 23 years of age or above Further eligibility is decided basis information already available with Amazon and your credit bureau history. Based on these and a host of other factors, lending partner will decide the Amazon Pay Later limit for you.
- Why am I not getting the option to register for Amazon Pay Later?We have made Amazon Pay Later available for a limited set of customers. We are working towards enabling it for a larger set of customers. We appreciate your patience.
2. Amazon Pay Later Availability
- Available for purchases on mobile and desktop platform.(Registration can be done only through mobile)
- For buying with Amazon Pay Later, the account should be “active.”
- Not available for purchases with Exchange Offer.
- In case of multi-cart, No Cost EMI will be applicable on the purchase only when all items in the cart are eligible for No cost EMI.
- Available tenure options as per the purchase values.TenureMin amountMax amount1 month010kBuy Now, Pay Next Month3 month3k30kBuy Now, Pay in EMIs6 month6k60kBuy Now, Pay in EMIs9 month9kBuy Now, Pay in EMIs12 month9kBuy Now, Pay in EMIs
- Amazon Pay Later account needs to have sufficient limit to cover for the purchase
- Following items shouldn’t be in your cart:
- Amazon Pay Gift Cards including physical gift cards and email gift cards
- Amazon Pay balance top-up
- Products from Amazon Global Store or Out of Country or Overseas Merchants
- Bullion (Gold and silver)
- Credit Card bill payment
- Customer will not be able to make an electricity bill payment using Amazon Pay Later if
- Number of transactions exceed 5 per month or
- Transaction value is ₹10,000 and above
3. Amazon Pay Later Registration
- How can I register for Amazon Pay Later?Go to Amazon Pay Later registration page on your Amazon.in mobile App and follow simple on-screen instructions.Step 1: Complete your KYCYou will be shown one of the below four modes of KYC completion:
- Existing KYC (shown only in case you have completed KYC for Amazon Pay Balance).
- OTP Based eKYC
- Existing customer with lending partner (Shown only in case you have already completed KYC with our lending partner in past)
- KYC as received from CKYCR under CERSAIIf you are shown Option 1, i.e. Existing KYC, you will need to follow the below steps:Step 1: Verify IdentityEnter missing 4 digits of the PAN Card you used for completing the KYC for Amazon Pay Balance.Post submission of details, your profile will be evaluated, and Amazon Pay Later limit will be determined which will be displayed to you on the next screen.Step 2: Accept TermsYour approved Amazon Pay Later limit will be displayed on this screen along with the loan agreement. Please read and accept the agreement to complete Amazon Pay Later registration. This sanctioned limit will become active within few minutes of completing the registration.If you are shown Option 2, i.e. OTP based eKYC, you’ll need to follow the below steps:Step 1: Verify IdentityEnter your complete PAN card number and click Continue.Enter your complete Aadhaar number and click Continue.You will receive an OTP on your mobile number registered to your Aadhaar number. Enter the OTP and click continue.Post submission of details, your profile will be evaluated, and Amazon Pay Later limit will be determined which will be displayed to you on the next screen.Step 2: Accept TermsYour approved Amazon Pay Later limit will be displayed on this screen along with the loan agreement. Please read and accept the agreement to complete Amazon Pay Later registration. This sanctioned limit will become active within few minutes of completing the registration.If you are shown Option 3, i.e. Existing KYC with lending partner , you will need to follow the below steps:Step 1: Verify IdentityOTP will be sent on the registered mobile number with the Lending PartnerEnter missing 4 digits of the PAN Card you used for completing the KYC for the lender.Post submission of OTP, your profile will be evaluated by the lender, and Amazon Pay Later limit will be determined which will be displayed to you on the next screen.Step 2: Accept TermsYour approved Amazon Pay Later limit will be displayed on this screen along with the loan agreement. Please read and accept the agreement to complete Amazon Pay Later registration. This sanctioned limit will become active within few minutes of completing the registration.If you are shown Option 4, i.e. CKYC, you’ll need to follow the below steps:Step 1: Verify IdentityAnswer a few questions on your basic KYC information and give a consent on the KYC details displayed to you that are fetched from CKYCR.Post submission of details, your profile will be evaluated by the lender, and Amazon Pay Later limit will be determined which will be displayed to you on the next screen.Step 2: Accept TermsYour approved Amazon Pay Later limit will be displayed on this screen along with the loan agreement. Please read and accept the agreement to complete Amazon Pay Later registration. This sanctioned limit will become active within few minutes of completing the registration.
- Is PAN Card mandatory?PAN number is mandatory for completing Know Your Customer (KYC) checks. If you don’t have a PAN, you will not be able to complete the registration and hence not be able to avail Amazon Pay Later.
- My internet got disconnected while registering. What should I do now?In such cases, you can restart the Amazon Pay Later registration process from Amazon Pay Dashboard, on your Amazon.in mobile app/mobile browser once you have stable internet connectivity. You will start from the last step where you got dropped / disconnected.
- Why was my Amazon Pay Later registration declined / rejected?Following are the probable reasons for decline / rejection for the Amazon Pay Later registration:
- You did not accept the final loan agreement post generation of limit under Amazon Pay Later.
- You are currently not eligible to avail Amazon Pay Later as per the relevant and applicable terms and conditions and/or internal policies of our lending partner.
- Your KYC document verification failedYou can retry registration process from Amazon Pay Dashboard, on your Amazon.in mobile app/mobile browser
- Who is the lending partner(s) and why am I providing my details to them?Amazon Pay Later is offered to you by Amazon Pay (India) Private Limited (“Amazon”) in partnership with one of its third-party lending partners – Capital Float or IDFC FIRST Bank.CapFloat Financial Services Private Limited (“Capital Float”) is a Non-Banking Financial Corporation (NBFC) registered with the Reserve Bank of India. Capital Float is listed in RBI’s list of scheduled NBFCs and is permitted to lend money to retail customers, small and medium businesses. Capital Float operates in accordance with the legal framework and regulations prescribed by the RBI.IDFC FIRST Bank is registered as a banking company with the Reserve Bank of India (“RBI”) and is authorized to undertake its business activities in terms of such registration.Any lending partner is extending credit limit to you under Amazon Pay Later, and hence you are required to share details with them.
- Is the information I share to avail Amazon Pay Later secure?Amazon follows globally recognized and certified data security standards to ensure safety of your data and information. Our lending partners follow follows stringent data security standards mandated by RBI.Please note that Amazon Pay Later registration is only an app-based process and no person from our lending partner or Amazon will call to collect your personal details for this product, please don’t share your details.
- Where can I check my approved limit under Amazon Pay Later post successful registration?All limit related details along with your transaction & repayment history can be accessed from your Amazon Pay Later dashboard available here
- Do I have to provide PAN details every time I make an Amazon Pay Later transaction?Registration is a one-time process. You do not have to share your identity related details such as PAN, every time you make a transaction using Amazon Pay Later.
4. About Usable Limit
- What is Usable Limit?Usable limit is the amount of credit that is available for use, from the total approved EMI limit on your Amazon account.Here is a detailed explanation:From Amazon’s perspective, any successful order placed using Amazon Pay Later limit is counted as the instance of loan disbursal and that order’s value gets counted towards the RBI limit of Rs. 60,000. This is irrespective of whether the order got returned, cancelled or rejected by the customer.Example:Available Regulatory limit (T)Rs.60000Transaction ARs.10000Transaction BRs.15000Transaction CRs.10000Repayment transaction (R)Rs.5000Usable Limit (T- (A+B+C))**Rs.25000Total Available Limit (T- (A+B+C)) + RRs.30000**Irrespective of the Repayment transaction (R), the Usable Limit would be Rs.25000, as the remaining amount has already been dispersed as loan.Now, whenever customer’s Usable Limit goes below the Available Limit, we show a message to the customer on Amazon Pay Later dashboard stating “Your Usable limit is Rs. XYZ. Know more”.
5. Purchase Using Amazon Pay Later
- What are the available EMI plans for using Amazon Pay Later?Amazon Pay Later currently offers 3/6/9 and 12 month EMI plans. In addition, customer can pay later next month as well. The applicable plans for your purchase will be displayed on the payment page during checkout.
- How many purchases can I have with Amazon Pay Later?You can make multiple purchases using Amazon Pay Later, up to your available limit approved as part of registration. Please note that as per regulations, for KYC undertaken using Aadhaar number/VID and OTP, there is a regulatory cap on the amount of total purchases (including cancelled/returned orders as well as the orders for which EMIs have been repaid) of Rs. 60,000 using Amazon Pay Later.You will be notified on Amazon Pay Later dashboard whenever the regulatory limit available for you becomes lesser than the actual Amazon Pay Later limit available.For KYC undertaken using offline document verification process, there is no regulatory cap on the limit usage. You will be able to use and reuse the Amazon pay Later limit, as required. The same holds true for those customers who complete their KYC via existing KYC option wherein which they use their existing KYC for Amazon Pay balance to register for Amazon Pay Later.
- Can Amazon Pay balance be used along with Amazon Pay Later?Yes, you can use Amazon Pay balance along with Amazon Pay Later.
- Does Amazon Pay Later purchases entail interest cost?There is no interest cost applied for buy now, pay next month usage.However while choosing to pay by EMIs (3-12 months) there might be interest costs attached.The details about the interest cost payable will be communicated to you on payment page while choosing the EMI plan. From time to time, we will run promotional offers with No Cost EMI on selected products, which will be communicated on product details page & on payments page within EMI plans section.
- Where will I get to know the interest charge for my purchase with EMIs (3-12 months)?The interest rate charged to you, as part of the EMI plan you select, will be displayed at the time of placing the order. After placing the order, you can always visit the Amazon Pay Later dashboard to view the same.
- Is auto-repayment setup mandatory during purchase?Auto-repayment setup is a one-time setup that can be done: (i) at the time of registration (optional); (ii) during first purchase using Amazon Pay Later (mandatory if not set already); or (iii) from Amazon Pay Later dashboard.
- Do you charge any fee for purchase using Amazon Pay Later?No transaction fee is charged on use of Amazon Pay Later.
- Do I need to make any down-payment to avail Amazon Pay Later?No. Down-payments are not required for purchase using Amazon Pay Later.
- Can I convert a transaction I already made using another payment method to Amazon Pay Later?No, you will not be able to change the payment method of an order, once the order is successfully processed and placed.
- Can I change my EMI plan?We are sorry to inform you that you will not be able to change your EMI plans once the order is placed.
- Will I get reward points for using Amazon Pay Later?We might offer some rewards for select usage & set of customers, from time to time, for purchasing using Amazon Pay Later limit. Any information related to this will be shared to you via Amazon app/sms/email.
- Why am I being contacted by lending partner (Capital Float or IDFC FIRST Bank) claiming that I have taken a loan from them for purchase on Amazon?Capital Float/ IDFC FIRST Bank has offered Amazon Pay Later facility to you in partnership with Amazon. Hence, you are receiving notifications from Capital Float/ IDFC FIRST Bank.
- How do I select Amazon Pay Later on the Payment Page ?Amazon Pay Later can be selected via 2 options on the payment page:1) EMI Option: Amazon Pay Later will be available as a payment method under EMI option on Payment page (available on both mobile and desktop)2) Saved Card Section (available only on mobile)
- My payment failed while placing an order, will I get an option to retry payment?In case the payment failed on your order, you will get an option to retry the payment using a payment method other than Amazon Pay Later. For instructions on how to retry payment, please visit this page.
6. Returns & Cancellations
- I received Amazon Pay balance cashback on purchasing an item using Amazon Pay Later, and now I want to return it for a refund. What is the refund amount that will be processed to my Amazon Pay Later?If the Amazon Pay cashback is already credited to your account, on returning the item, the amount of refund processed will be the Total Order Value minus the Cashback Value added in your account. This essentially means that you received the refund in two parts (i) Cashback value in Amazon Pay balance (ii) and remaining value as deduction in utilized limit of Amazon Pay LaterIn this case, since full amount is not refunded from your Amazon Pay Later limit, the differential value (which is the value of your cashback) is still utilized from your Amazon Pay Later, for which you have to pay EMI payments. We will convert this remaining value in the EMI plan of same tenure (as that of your order). EMIs will definitely be lower as total amount to be paid is lesser.This new EMI plan (pertaining to cashback value) will be reflected in your Amazon Pay Later Dashboard in “Total Outstanding Amount payable” & “Utilized Limit”.For example:Total Order Value (T)Rs.10000Amazon Pay Later limit utilizedRs.10000Original EMI Tenure selected6 monthsCashback value (C)Rs.1000Refund value (T-C)Rs.9000Total Order Value (T)Rs.10000Amazon Pay Later limit utilizedRs.10000Original EMI Tenure selected6 monthsCashback value (C)Rs.1000Refund value (T-C)Rs.9000Here, Rs.1000, i.e. the cashback amount deducted from your refund will be converted into an EMI plan for 6 months tenure in your account.Important Notes:
- If you’ve placed only one order using Amazon Pay Later and had to return it, you can pre-pay the total value of cashback plus accrued interest from Amazon Pay Later dashboard-> Make Payment-> Pay Total outstanding.
- If you’ve placed more than one orders using Amazon Pay Later and returned one of them on which you got cashback, you will not be able to pre-pay only the total value of cashback plus accrued interest. If you want, you can pay the total outstanding value of all orders plus cashback plus accrued interest from Amazon Pay Later dashboard-> Make Payment-> Pay Total outstanding.
- Can I cancel the order placed using Amazon Pay Later?Yes. Just like any other order on Amazon, you can cancel or request cancellation any time before the delivery of the order.
- Do you charge any cancellation/return fee specifically for Amazon Pay Later?No. There is no Amazon Pay Later specific cancellation fee in case you return or cancel the order purchased using Amazon Pay Later.
- Do I have to make multiple payments in case I have placed more than one orders using Amazon Pay Later?We will club monthly installments across all your purchases made using Amazon Pay Later into one total EMI amount.
- When is my Amazon Pay Later repayment due?For any purchase between 1st and 15th of the month, the first EMI will be due on the 5th day of the next month and for any purchase between 16th and till the end of the month, the first EMI will be due on the 5th day of the month next to the subsequent one.For example: If you’ve made a transaction using Amazon Pay Later on June 14th, the first EMI will be due on 5th of July. And, if you’ve made a transaction using Amazon Pay Later on June 18th, the first EMI will be due on 5th of August (month next to the subsequent one).
- Will I incur any late payment fees/penalties for delayed payments?If you miss your payments on due date, we request you to manually pay it as soon as possible. Lender reserves the right to levy late fee charges as per table below, if dues are not repaid by due date (5th of the month):Monthly due amount (INR)Late payment fee (INR)<= Rs 2000>200 <= Rs 1,000100 + 18% gst>1,000 but <=5,000200 + 18% gst>5,000 but <=20,000350 + 18% gst>Rs 20,000500 + 18% gst
- How does the Amazon Pay Later repayment work?Amazon Pay Later repayment can happen in two ways: (i) Auto repayment: which is a one-time setup during registration, or at the time of first purchase using Amazon Pay Later or from Amazon Pay Later dashboard. (ii) Manual repayment function from Amazon Pay Later dashboard for manual repayment of the installments or full outstanding balance through debit card, UPI or net-banking of any bank.For setting up auto repayment, you are redirected to your bank page where you can complete it by Netbanking or debit card based authentication. Once this is set, the due amount will be automatically deducted from your linked bank account/debit card, thus making repayments hassle-free.Your bank might charge one time mandate setup charge. Please read details on your bank page carefully.Note:Repayment of pay later credit dues is not allowed with another credit(Credit Card or Loans)Rupay credit cards are not supported for auto repayment setup.
- Why is Capital Float / IDFC FIRST Bank being shown in my bank statement or during auto-repayment setup?We have partnered with Capital Float / IDFC FIRST Bank to provide Amazon Pay Later facility. The monthly installment payments due/paid for your purchases using Amazon Pay Later limit are credited to the account of Capital Float / IDFC FIRST Bank.
- What happens in case my auto-repayment setup fails while making first purchase using limit of Amazon Pay Later?Your purchase transaction will be declined. You will have to retry the payment from “Your Orders” page for that order.
- Can I repay my partial outstanding amount?Yes, you can pay upcoming due & total outstanding amount using the Amazon Pay Later dashboard without any additional charges.
- What happens if my debit card/bank doesn’t have sufficient funds at the time of auto-deduction of funds towards EMI repayments?In such a case, we will notify you through email and/or SMS about repayment rejection from bank and details on how to manually complete the payment to avoid any late payment fees/penalties that our lending partner may impose.Please note that your Amazon Pay Later account can be blocked after few days post the due date if the installment payment is not received and will only be unblocked once the due payments are complete.
- Can I change the auto repayment settings after registering for Amazon Pay Later?Yes, you can update your bank account for auto-repayment setup from Amazon Pay Later Dashboard.
- Will I get any reminder notification for EMI payments?Yes, you will be notified about upcoming payments via SMS and/or Email, 3-4 days before the due date so that you can keep the bank account well-funded for the repayments.
- Can I change my repayment date?No.
- What happens if I don’t pay my EMI on time?It is very important to pay your EMI on time in order to avoid late payment charges, maintain a good credit rating, to prevent suspension of Amazon Pay Later facility, further actions on your Amazon account and avoid any legal action.Please maintain adequate balance in your account around the repayment date. Not paying your EMI on time could result in a negative impact to your CIBIL score and all other bureau scores.
- What should I do in case my bank account got debited by an amount that is more than my monthly installment or I’ve manually made a repayment, but still my money got deducted.In all such cases, the excess funds deducted will be credited back to the respective bank account from ‘Capital Float / IDFC FIRST Bank (our lending partner)’ in 5 business days.
8. Amazon Pay Later Account Details
- Why is my Amazon Pay Later account blocked?Your Amazon Pay Later account can be blocked due to multiple reasons:
- Your KYC has expired
- You have overdue payments or your repayment was post 30 days past due date
- Due to internal Amazon policies
- Due to our lending partner’s internal policies
- Due to breach of Amazon Pay Later T&Cs
- What can I do to unblock the account?If your account is blocked due to payments not paid on time, please complete the pending payments. We will re-assess your profile and reinstate your account on successful receipt of overdue payment. If it is blocked due to expiry of KYC, we will provide details of the process to complete Full KYC and extend validity. If it’s blocked due to breach of Amazon’s or partner’s policies or Amazon Pay Later T&Cs, we will re-evaluate your profile on a periodic basis and notify you about reinstatement of your account.
- How can I cancel my Amazon Pay Later account?In order to cancel your Amazon Pay Later account, you’ll have to ensure that all the outstanding dues are cleared. Only if there are no outstanding dues, we will be able to process account cancellation requests. If all the dues are clear, please call our customer service team or reach out to our lending partner’s customer service (details mentioned below) to request account cancellation.
- Where can I keep a track of all my Amazon Pay Later transactions and make manual repayments?You can keep track of your Amazon Pay Later account history on Amazon Pay Later dashboard. This dashboard will include following information:
- Your approved limit, uilized Limit & available Limit
- Your Amazon Pay Later account status and reason if its blocked
- Due date and due amount
- Transaction History with order ID, EMI plans and amount
- Repayments history with mode, date and amount of repayment
- Option to Make manual repayments for installment amount and total outstanding amount
- Option to set-up auto repayment functionalityYou can access Amazon Pay Later dashboard on your Amazon App. Open Amazon App, click on Amazon Pay to open Amazon Pay dashboard. Click on Amazon Pay Later to open Amazon Pay Later dashboard.
9. Amazon Pay Later Account Takeover/Fraudulent order
10. Terms and Conditions
For Amazon Pay Later terms and conditions, please visit here
11. Amazon Pay Later Customer Service
For any queries related to Amazon Pay Later, you can reach out to:
- Amazon.in customer service
To directly contact your lending partner, see below for details.
- Capital Float Customer Service:
- Contact details: Email at email@example.com or Call at 080-68075001
- Working Hours : 9:00 am to 9:00 pm All days
- IDFC FIRST Bank Customer Service:
- Call at 1860 500 9900
- Working Hours: 9:30 am to 6:00 pm all working days except 2nd and 4th Saturday and Bank Holidays